To reduce poverty significantly in Winnipeg.
An inclusive Winnipeg where everyone flourishes and is valued.
The Winnipeg Poverty Reduction Council’s role is the following:
1. Seek and be guided by credible research, traditional knowledge, and learnings from those with lived experience.
2. Use its influence to increase engagement, build knowledge, and change attitudes, policies, and systems.
3. Use a collective impact approach that involved identifying key strategic initiatives, providing core, backbone support, and engaging partners from all sectors and communities in reaching agreement on a common agenda and mobilizing to reduce poverty.
4. Draw attention to promising poverty reduction initiatives in Winnipeg and elsewhere.
5. Learn and share with other similar organizations in Canada and elsewhere.